Sunday, October 5, 2008

PUCES POP

Despite the lack of air circulation and the strong smell of vegan snacks, you couldn't deny the wonderful vibe at this year's Puces Pop. It took place Oct 4-5 at the St. Michel Church Hall on St. Viateur O. The hall was bursting with young & enthusiastic sellers and shoppers. There were some amazing artists and designers selling their goods at affordable prices. I was also impressed with the variety of the products being sold; leather wallets, jewelry, screen printed clothing, posters, stuffed animals, pins, books, ceramics, musical instruments...etc.

I picked up some beautiful retro-inspired fabric from retrodepot.com to make a pillow (now I have to learn how to sew a bolster....yikes!) and a modern day pin up girl magnet from illustrator Josephine Tellier. I'll be posting photos of my finds in the next day or so.

No comments: