Friday, August 8, 2008

MUSIC MAKES YOU LOSE CONTROL

I hope Montreal is ready to heed Missy Elliot's advice (see post title) and get crazy because there is an insane amount of talent gracing our fair city in the fall. As if Osheaga, Radiohead, Francofolie, the Jazz Festival, and the Montreal Chamber Music Festival
weren't enough to get your fix this summer, there are some equally exciting concerts coming in the fall. Here's a quick list of great stuff to come:

Montreal band The Stills will be at Cabaret on September 27.

Keep an eye out for So Called at Pop Montreal in October. I caught them at the Montreal Chamber Music Festival in May with Bell Orchestre (tid bit: 2 of the members from Bell are also in Arcade Fire). They've got a really interesting sound worth checking out. Hell, they made singing in Yiddish cool.

Sing along with the occasionally explicit lyrics of Jason Collett on October 2 at Petit Campus. I will likely be attending this one.

Also on October 2 is Australian musician Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds.

A new personal favorite, Jamie Lidell will be at Le National on October 10. I wouldn't miss this one. He puts on a great show you can dance your pants off to and his band is full of presence and talent as well. I'm in love.

October 16 Bedouin Soundclash is back at Metropolis.

November 5 Feist is going big at the Bell Centre. As much as I dig Feist, I'd rather see her at a more intimate venue.

There are way too many shows to list, these are just my personal tops.

No comments: