Wednesday, July 2, 2008

BUSINESS CARDS ON MY MIND

I'm on a perpetual quest as a graphic designer to create the best business card possible to stand out....meaning people like it, want to sleep with it under their pillow, and remember me in the morning. Honestly, with all the cards flying around I just want something that won't get thrown out or used as a place to hold chewed up gum.

I've been doing lots of research lately on different materials for cards and along the way I've come across a few unique ones I thought I'd share.















[above] Created by Seattle designer Jeni Mattson, this clever card was designed for Melvin, a self proclaimed "hacker, entrepreneur, and all around mischief maker."















[above] British designer Jamie Wieck capitalized on the ever growing number of graphic designers popping up in the UK with his "another bloomin designer" business card. When dipped in water it grows alfalfa!















[above] To stand out from the competition in Austin, Texas, Organic Chemistry tutor Sean Michael Ragan came up with this plastic card. Chem students can use the "chair" stencil in homework assignments.















[above] Aussie fashion designer Laura Camilleri's beautiful card for clothing line Elkha. I like.

Some unconventional cards....















[above] The only info I have about this card is that it's a peanut. Anyone able to read it?
















[above] A clever business card for a chest physician Dr. Pramod V. Niphadkar M.D.

No comments: